Welcome Future Fremont Firebirds!
FHS SHADOW DAY
Student Shadow Days are designed to assist incoming 9th graders in learning more about Fremont High School before they start. Prospective students will shadow a student leader, go to their classes, learn about activities and sports, and meet other prospective students.
Shadow Day is on Monday, March 21, 2016.
Thank you for your interest in Fremont High School. We are excited to share with you our wonderful students and staff, and our beautiful campus. Please complete the Shadow Day Application Form and submit it to by February 24th, 2016. You will receive an email confirming that space is available for your student to attend, and a phone call a week before with reminders.
If you have any questions, please email Jennifer Hernandez (Dean's Assistant) at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dean Jay Lin at email@example.com.
A sample Shadow Day follows our Monday schedule with slight modifications:
- 7:45--Parents should drop off students at the front of the school & bring them to the Main Office.
- 8:00 - 8:27--Students receive an introduction to FHS, and a brief overview of the day and materials received.
- 8:30 - 11:40--8th graders meet their Fremont partner for the day and follow them to 2nd - 4th blocks.
- 11:40 - 12:20--Lunch (students should bring a bag lunch with them & be prepared to eat on campus with their FHS partner student)
- 12:20 - 2:20--8th graders attend 5th & 6th blocks with their FHS partner
- 2:20 - 3:00--8th graders debrief with Guidance Counselors & the Admin Team to ask questions and share information about their experiences.
- 3:00 - 3:15--Parents should pick up their student at the front of the school.
What should students bring?
- A pen or pencil
- A bag lunch or money
- Brunch is $2.50 for a full meal or $2.25 for an entrée
- Lunch is $4.00 for a full meal or $3.75 for an entrée