Helpful Hints for Presenting an Effective PowerPoint Presentation
- Sufficient information is provided overall.
- Have an appropriate amount of information on each slide, (ask yourself if there’s too much or too little information. At the most it should be 3 or 4 main ideas for each slide).
- Relevant information is provided, (stick to the main ideas of your topic).
- Your information must follow a logical progression.
- The information is presented clearly; for example, legible font is used.
- The slide background is appropriate for your topic; for example, don’t choose a happy design if your topic is the Ku Klux Klan.
- Choose animations/sounds appropriate to your topic.
Presenting your Powerpoint:
- Keep in mind that you’re not just reading your powerpoint to the class. You need to interact with the class, which means asking them appropriate questions and making comments throughout your presentation. Therefore you need to time how long you’ll remain on each slide beforehand, and set the timing to your powerpoint.