Welcome to the FHS Math Department!
Use our quick links to the left to see information related to our courses, our teachers, placement, and other information.
Interested in AP Statistics? Check out this video to learn about AP Statistics and see if it's the right class for you!
ALERT! If you are a current FHS student and wish to take Algebra2/Trig next year, the placement test will be Tuesday March 17th at 3:30 pm in the Small Auditorium. No calculators will be allowed. Talk to your math teacher if you have questions! The study guide is here: alg2TrigPlacementTestStudyGuide.pdf
If you are an incoming freshman and you have signed up for Algebra 2/ Trig and you want to know if that is the class for you download the take-home test and complete it.
Here is what you need to do:
- Print out the attached placement test at this link: Algebra 2/Trig Readiness Test
- Complete the test on your own. Be realistic. Limit your testing time to 75 minutes.
- Score your own test. The solution set is at this link: Algebra 2/ Trig Readiness Test Solution Key
- Return the test by email or in person.
- Email: Scan the test and name the file «First_Name»_«Last_Name» and email the completed test with the subject line "Algebra2/Trig Test «First_Name»_«Last_Name»” to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 PM on Monday, March 30, 2015.
- In Person: Drop off a hard copy of the completed test (please make sure the first and last name of the student is written on the test) to Anna Abea in the FHS main office by 4:00 PM on Monday, March 30, 2015.
You will receive information by email regarding placement advice by mid-April.