Appropriate dress is necessary for the health, safe and undisturbed operation of school and classes. Students should come to school well groomed. Clothing should be appropriate and not distract from the learning environment.
- Female shirts and blouses must have straps measuring one inch and neckline no lower than the armpits.
- Males must wear their pants at hip level concealing boxers, briefs, or shorts.
- All shorts and skirts must be an appropriate length as determined by FHS staff.
- All students must wear shoes at all times.
The following articles of clothing are not permitted:
- Apparel, jewelry or accessories containing or alluding to obscenity including but not limited to sex, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or racial, ethnic or religious prejudice.
- Apparel, jewelry, accessories, or any manner of grooming that, by virtue of its color arrangement, trademark or any other attribute, are specifically identifiable as belonging to an unauthorized group or gang.
Violations result in parent contact, confiscation of prohibited articles, and required change of attire. Refusal to change attire and repetitive dress code offenses may result in suspension.