For a list of school policies, see the menu at the left.
“Regular school attendance is a necessary part of the learning process and the means to graduation with a good education. Students who are frequently absent may be putting their futures in jeopardy. Chronic absenteeism, especially truancy, is a behavior that is highly associated with dropping out of school. Regular attendance is essential for success in school.” (School Attendance Improvement Handbook, Safe Schools & Violence Prevention Office, CA Department of Education)
The Attendance Policy is an effort to continue your conscientious efforts in making regular school attendance a priority. As you spend more time in the classroom, your academic success continues to improve. Regular and punctual attendance is expected, encouraged and, as necessary, enforced. School attendance only works with cooperation between the students, parents and school. The Attendance Policy guidelines are:
(408) 522-2414: 24 hour phone line / Attendance desk is open 7:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Regular attendance is an important factor in academic success.
- Students’ ALL DAY/Partial absences must be cleared within three (3) days (72 hours); otherwise it will be considered an unexcused absence.
- The student's responsibility is to provide the Attendance office with accurate, current phone numbers and contacts. This may help verify absences and allow students to leave school for appointments.
- If your student needs to leave campus for any reason, a parent or guardian must call the attendance desk at least 30 minutes before the student’s departure. The student and parent must pick-up an off campus pass from the attendance desk before departure, otherwise it will be considered an unexcused absences. If the student feels ill, please have the student notify the teacher so the student can be sent to the main office. To minimize disruptions in the classroom, students will not be called out of class but sent a notice that may take up to 15 min
- After 3 consecutive school days of Illness, the student must provide a doctor’s note upon their return to school
- If your student has any type of medical appointment during school hours, the student must bring a doctor’s visit notification form when returning to school. If they are not returning to school the same day, they must bring the notice in the next day.
- If your student is arriving late to school for any reason, the parent or guardian must call the attendance office before the student’s arrival. The student must pick-up an “admit to class” pass from the attendance desk before entering class, otherwise it will be considered an unexcused absence.
- Students are considered tardy when they arrive after the second bell rings (or when it is scheduled to ring) and within the first 29 minutes of class the students are considered tardy. After the 30 minutes it is considered as a truant tardy. Parents may NOT excuse a tardy.
- NO written notes or emails are accepted for clearing an absence.
- Unverified absences and/or class cuts may prohibit student from making up missed assignments.
- Arriving on time to class is mandatory.